Monday, March 1, 2010

Back to Work

Today I am back in Cancun, Mexico following up on a couple of projects I have been working on here in the Yucatan. First, I had a chance to visit Jason de Caires Taylor's studio today. So much has changed in the two months I have been away.
In the morning, I plan to revisited the sculptures that were placed in the water in early December. I want to photograph how much marine life has attached itself to the sculptures in the two months they have been underwater.




It was so nice to see Jason as well as all his staff. They have been very busy working on the second phase of the project. About eighty statues have been produced so far. In all there will be four hundred life size statues placed in the waters off Cancun.



It is exciting to see the progress Jason is making on the epic project. When complete, it will be the world's largest underwater sculpture museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment