Monday, April 1, 2013

¡Exprésate! - Day five

My memory seems to be as hazy as my notes but if I recall correctly, saturday it rained and sunday was a studio day. I don't seem to have any images tagged for Saturday the 29th. It could just be the date was off on one of my cameras. If I go by file number, it seems after Sunday's studio shoot we went back to the Zócalo in the evening. It had rained and the lights was really pretty reflecting off the streets.


zocalo - Images by Don Couch

The studio shoot was fun. We photographed some kids in traditional dance costume. Challenging as always, my show up and shoot mantra. As this project progressed, one thing I began to realize was I NEVER knew what I was walking into. Even on the video set, which was always a zoo! Speaking of video, the crew would have showed up and it was ten years ago that I met Paul Provence. Little did I know the adventures that lay ahead we would share. And even more odd, he lives just a few blocks from my home.


studio - day five - Images by Don Couch

Ten years ago today, we had an early start to photograph the ruins of Teotihuacan. Marta, Paul and I as well as our driver, Alfredo headed off to the enormous archaeological site. My first of many ancient ruins we would visit in the coming months. Walking the Avenue of the Dead and climbing the Pyramid of the Sun and the Pyramid of the Moon. I recall being told early on about the haze in Mexico City and how difficult the skies would be in my images.


Teotihuacan - Images by Don Couch

Afterwords, we ate lunch at La Gruta a restaurant located in a cave. Another first for me, Mexican caves, little did I know I was to visit many many more in the coming years!


La Gruta - Images by Don Couch

No comments:

Post a Comment